Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Amtrak California Zephyr Colorado Heading West

Chapter 2: Amtrak Train Series

While packing for the 3 week trip, I paused. Three days on the train to get to Eugene, Oregon from Denver, Colorado? Was this going to be crazy?

I'd taken the same Amtrak routes 5 years previously. I wondered if my memories of the journey had sweetened over time. But when the time arrived to leave Denver I was smiling and couldn't wait to get aboard.

Climbing up the train car stairs with my bags, I flashed back to senior year in high school when I got caught on a train. But that's another story.

I settled in my Coach seat knowing it was already the perfect decision. Turned out to be the best trip to date with countless highlights ...

Colorado


    California Zephyr #5 heading West
    Segment: Western Colorado (starting in Denver, Colorado)
    My trip: Dec 14-15, 2011


Colorado Rockies


Western Colorado: Following the Colorado River



READ NEXT CHAPTER:
Amtrak Coast Starlight #14 Oregon Heading North

TABLE OF CONTENTS: Train Articles


Press Play! Have you seen my TRAIN VIDEO?
Such wonderful scenery!

Music: Melissa's Waiting by Violet Edge

Amtrak Tickets

No comments: