Monday, September 19, 2011

Re-purposed Futon Frame: Purse & Hoodie Hanger

PURSE & HOODIE CENTRAL! Small neat black purse for
interviews; big bags carry stuff I need away from home.


This is the part of the futon frame that supported the couch seat cushion. Birch knobs (eBay finds) were simply screwed on.

Frame is resting on anchored screws, just like hanging a heavy picture on drywall. It’s hung higher on the wall so long stuff can hang down.

After using it, decided it would have been better to push the last 3 rows of knobs to outer edges.
(Otherwise, hippie bags on higher rungs cover them up.)

Backpack stays in right spot for me to keep adding stuff, like jerky and water, for my next day’s travels as I think of them.






It must be pointed out that I have limited handywoman skills. Mostly due to easily injured wrists and a seriously short attention span. Therefore, if I can do this, anyone with access to a powered drill can do it too. It took me all day. No need to hurry cuz you get to enjoy it for many years.

SEE NEXT PROJECT:
ROLLING CART FOR WATERCOLOR PAINTING

SEE ALL:
REMODEL PROJECT ENTRIES


No comments: