Monday, November 13, 2006

Singing in Pictures

PUZZLE PIECE
The book Thinking in Pictures by Temple Grandin helped my mind fall into place.
I realized there was an incredible tool I had never paid attention to using:
The images that flashed in my head while I struggled for words.

Without much practice I was soon flying over places I once only crawled.

WEB DESIGN
Web Design has been the most wonderful thing that ever happened to me.
To have power over images that say EXACTLY what I meant to say.
To get the information directly into the eye of the reader.

CAREFUL!
Very easy to get hurt using the Internet as a tool. Just like using a circular saw.
Be very, very careful!
So much good. So much confusion. Due to the lack of set rules.

RULES
"RULES? Them ain't no such thing as no dang Rules."

The browser makers interpret the "rules" the same way religions interpret religious text.
Each understands them to mean something a little bit - or a LOT - different.
And that means for me 12 hour work days.

SINGING
I'm also a singer, using the sounds of words to create colors and images and emotions to re-live the song. The words have meaning, but their sounds have more. At least for that I get to make my own rules.

No comments: